Saint Marcel #5 – Festival de fanfares
This year again, the Saint Marcel festival will fill your ears and warm your hearts! This brass band festival, organised by Marcel Frontale, shakes up the Perrache and Guillotière districts for a weekend. Eight fabulous brass bands from Lyon, Montpellier, Clermont-Ferrand, Paris and Milan will make your bodies and hearts sway! The music will resonate within you on Friday evening, 26 May in various bars in the city, on Saturday 27 May in the streets, and in the evening at the Marché Gare during a big party!
An event open to all, come and vibrate to the sound of brass bands mixing all styles of music!
- Coco Fanfare Club (Cocodisco cocoloré – Montpellier)
- Fat Ducks (Unplugged electro funk – Lyon)
- FONC (Fanfara Obbligatoria Non Convenzionale – Milan)
- Ktipietok Orkestar (Fanfare à déguster – Clermont-Ferrand)
- La Grâce de l’Hippopotame (100% matière grâce – Paris)
- Les Krapos (Amphibian fanfare – Lyon)
- Marcel Frontale (New Orleans without sleeves – Lyon)
- Tar’taraf (Balkan music – Lyon)
- Zouz Machines (Holographically scaled fanfare – Lyon)
Friday 26 May – from 7pm
Concerts on bar terraces with the 8 invited bands:
Rendez-vous au Court-Circuit, Clameurs, Point Nommé, Caffe Bobar, Platypus
Saturday 27th May
from 2pm to 5pm :
Random release of brass bands on the squares of the Presqu’île – from Perrache to Terreaux!
from 7pm to 11pm :
Big band party at the Marché Gare – Free.
With La Grâce de l’Hippopotame, La Coco Fanfare Club, Ktipietok Orkestar, La FONC and Marcel Frontale!
Festival organised by Marcel Frontale, fanfare of the Périscope.